The treasure of the sea
Sea Kelp, or seaweed, contains more than 50 trace elements present in the seas, which is perhaps the most balanced source of trace elements in the world. Of the trace elements, iodine content is the most significant.
Why do we need trace elements at all?
This is the weakest link theory. There may be any strong chain that will break away, where there is a weak eye. For nutrition, this means that if there are 100 nutrients, the lack of which can cause problems in the body, in vain we eat 99 enough. The lack of a single vitamin, mineral, or trace element can be just as much a problem as half of it.
The seaweed tablet contains a large amount of iodine.
Many people know about iodine as a creator of thyroid hormones. Normally, about 15-20 mg of it is present in an adult’s body. It plays an important role in maintaining the healthy functioning of the thyroid gland, as it is an essential component of the hormone it produces. The thyroid regulates the metabolism of the cells, how fast and how efficiently the energy-consuming molecules are used. Iodine deficiency reduces the body’s physical and mental performance.
Sea Kelp contains a significant amount of natural iodine!
- Contributes to maintaining normal mental functioning.
- It participates in normal energy-producing metabolic processes.
- It contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- It also contributes to the maintenance of the normal condition of the skin, nails and hair.
- Iodine contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function.
- Regulates metabolism.
- The absorption of iodine depends on the iodine saturation of the body. Its absorption is negatively affected by many plants, including kale, cabbage, radish, brussels sprouts. At the same time, these goitrogens (naturally occurring compounds that inhibit the production of thyroid hormones) are high heat sensitive, so if you eat it, it is worth cooking these plants.
Seaweed is an excellent source of natural iodine. The daily dose of this product (4 tabs) contains 600 µg iodine (123mg from Sea Kelp).