Few people are aware of the importance of this mineral. After oxygen, water, and the main nutrients (fat, protein, carbohydrates), magnesium is perhaps one of the most important building blocks a body needs. Vitaking magnesium citrate powder contains 160g of magnesium citrate.
- It helps reduce fatigue.
- It helps maintain electrolyte balance.
- Participates in normal energy-producing metabolic processes.
- It contributes to the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- It contributes to normal muscle function.
- I plays a role in normal protein synthesis.
- It contributes to the maintenance of normal psychological function.
- Participates in the maintenance of normal bones.
- It plays a role in cell division.
In powder form it is very economical choice, as there are 250mg of elemental magnesium in 2 measuring spoons.
Magnesium deficiency and nutrition
Magnesium deficiency can also be caused by not eating enough magnesium-containing foods, but there are also foods you eat that you shouldn’t. It would be very easy to get plenty of magnesium, but we eat number of food that make the magnesium content of the foods we eat inaccessible to our bodies.
The main culprits are soft drinks, caffeinated beverages (including coffee) and alcohol. Consumers of soft drinks have a significantly lower supply of magnesium and alcohol consumption has the same effect on the body. In addition, alcohol inhibits the absorption of vitamin d, which also counteracts the incorporation of magnesium. As a result of sugar, our body excretes more magnesium through the kidneys, so even foods with a significant magnesium content end up with a net magnesium deficiency. If one of the above is regularly included in your diet, your magnesium levels may not be adequate.