Fish oil supplementation helps us get enough Omega-3s in order to have the best ratio of fatty acids in our bodies. This is the main purpose of fish oil supplementation, which results in a much wider range of health benefits.
Furthermore some people are not very good at converting beta-carotene to retinol, i.e. the plant source of the provitamin A into the true form of vitamin A that our system utilises, thus they are better off consuming this form of vitamin A, from fish oil: because the body converts all dietary sources of vitamin A into retinol, 1 mcg of physiologically available retinol is equivalent to 12 mcg of beta-carotene from dietary sources. From dietary supplements, the body converts 2 mcg of beta-carotene to 1 mcg of retinol.
Concentrations of preformed vitamin A are highest in liver and fish oils.
Some fish oil health benefits are:
- lowers cholesterol levels
- reduces risk of heart disease
- lower risk of cancer
- lessens risk of diabetes
- prevents hair loss
Our product has the natural form of vitamin D, cholecalciferol, or D3, which is much more effective at raising vitamin D levels than prescription vitamin D, the ergocalciferol form (D2), which is synthetic and may, in fact, actually compete with D3 for absorption, as studies have shown.
- According to the latest research, D3 is approximately 87 percent more potent in raising and maintaining vitamin D concentrations and produces 2- to 3-fold greater storage of vitamin D than does D2.
- Regardless of which form you use, your body must convert it into a more active form, and vitamin D3 is converted 500 percent faster than vitamin D2.
- Vitamin D2 also has a shorter shelf life, and its metabolites bind poorly with proteins, further hampering its effectiveness.
Vitamin D is needed to absorb calcium and strengthen bones and teeth and can prevent the onset of osteoporosis.
Vitamins A and D work synergistically and are fat-soluble, making this oil-based variant an ideal choice for optimal absorption.