Colds and the flu are common illnesses all over the year, and particularly severe in winter days. And if you don’t treat them on time, it can develop into other dangerous diseases too.
What you need to do is to try to stop the spreading of virus and speed up the recovery time. Bellow we have listed few natural remedies that will help in soothing your cold.
Let’s see how to prepare this natural drink to prevent and cure a common cold and flu.
- 1 red onion
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 cups of water
Cut onion into small pieces and add them to the boiling water.
Keep boiling the mixture for 10-15 minutes, remove it from heat and let it cool down.
Strain it, add the honey and lemon juice, stir the mixture well.
Take this drink after your 3 meals every day to relieve the symptoms of cold and flu. It will strengthen your immune system too, to protect you against illnesses in the future.
listed more than 7 ways onion benefits to us, and one of which is that:
“Onions are also known to have anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and antiviral properties when taken internally.”
Lemons are widely used to strengthen the immune system, as they are packed with vitamin C. Have a cup of lemon water as the first thing when you wake up will benefit your overall health. Check here about .
What’s more, the add of honey makes this drink more compelling, thanks to its antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties.
Be healthy naturally!
The natural remedies for cold and flu are countless, keep reading to know more homemade recipes.
- Add 15g garlic slices + 15g ginger slices + 2 teaspoons brown sugar in 250ml boiled water, drink it before sleep.
- 25g sliced ginger + 50g white turnip sliced in 500ml water, cook them for 15 minutes and add 1-2 teaspoons dark brown sugar. Drink twice a day.
- 20g sliced ginger + 10 red dates in 250ml water, boil them and drink it as hot as possible. Then cover up to get the sweat flowing.
- Chew a clove fresh garlic until it becomes tasteless, throw it and chew a new one. Do this with 3-4 cloves per day.
- Add 250g slices white turnip in 500ml water, boil until half of water are left then drink.
- Mix 1 egg + 30g crystal sugar in a bowl, pour boiling water and have this drink.
- Cut 5 apples into small cubes, boil them with 1-litre water, simmering for 5 minutes, add lemon juice and honey. Mix well before drinking.
You can also consume these drinks to strengthen the immune system, especially in the cold and flu seasons.